Monday, February 15, 2010

Update thru December 9, 2009.... a lot has happened!

Where do I begin?

Our ttc journey had ups and downs through out the last year. After our miscarriage in June, I initially wanted to conceive right away. I felt that it was the only way I could heal from the loss. Unfortunately my body didn't think it was ready. The doctor wanted us to wait 3 cycles, I wanted to wait none. I guess God thought the doctor was right...

However, changes in my job situation proved to change our plans for trying to conceive as well. In late August, I found out that I was transferred to Murphy Middle. It was good in some ways, bad in others. I knew I needed to keep a job, so I decided to make the best of it.

I had once thought getting pregnant was really easy... and maybe at one time in my younger days, it was. Each month of getting negative results, I grew worried that maybe it was just not going to happen for us. I know that some people try for years, but being the impatient person that I am... I wanted it NOW.

By Thanksgiving, our lives are pretty stable. I have fit in well at Murphy and Scott is well on his way to opening his own store. I guess timing is everything because something "worked" over the Thanksgiving holidays and by December 9th, I got my first "faint" line on a pregnancy test. I was overjoyed, yet very cautious at the same time. I wanted to tell Scott on Christmas, but there was NO WAY I could wait that long. I did wait a few days, taking daily pregnancy tests (well, sometimes several a day). Finally I was convinced enough to buy an expensive digital test... and that is when I told Scott.

Telling the kids was a different story.

I couldn't bear breaking their hearts if I told them and then this pregnancy ended in another miscarriage. However, we decided that we would tell them on Christmas but only after we had seen the doctor first.

No comments:

Post a Comment